4 ways to use packaging as a marketing tool
The packaging of a product has several roles to play. Firstly is a functional role to protect the content, to allow better transport and easier storage.
But for what else is packaging important for?
Certainly, one of the aims of packaging is, of course, to catch the eye of the consumer and make the product more visible. Packaging also helps to stand out from the competition.
We have listed 4 ways to use packaging as a marketing tool:
- The package is like a business card for your company
- Advertise your social media channels
- Put small surprises and gifts in the package
- Provide information on the packaging
The package is like a business card for your company
Of course, it is easy and inexpensive to send your products in ordinary brown transport boxes, and in fact they serve their purpose very well, BUT it would be even better if the box itself were already distinctive and fulfilled the role of a “brand ambassador”.
You can make the desired print on the box, use colors specific to your brand and print a company logo or some great slogans on it!
If you use a simple transport box that does not have a company marking, it would be good to think of tape or stickers with the company logo.
Advertise your social media channels
On the package list your social media accounts, where you share the most content.
Use the main hashtage (#) on the package. This will make customers curious about it and visit your social media pages and more likely to follow you.
Make your package so awesome, that it makes customers want to share it online. All of these comments, shares, and tags are advertisement for your business.
Put small surprises and gifts in the package
- “Thank you” card – Express your gratitude with beautiful words that will make the reader’s day better.
- Small gifts – Product samples, pens, small chocolates or similar nice little things, which is not a big expense items but helps to put some sparkle in the eyes of customers or partners!
- Discount coupon – The discount code is a good way to direct the customer to the next order.
- Business card – You can always put several business cards so that your satisfied customers can recommend you to others!
Provide information on the packaging
Product information can be provided on the packaging. For example, introduce the manufacturer, write down the ingredients and other details about the product. For example, it is good to write information about storage. Also, if your brand is environmentally friendly, it is advisable to indicate it on the packaging – customers are interested in such small things.